Today, it is more important than ever to make it easy for your customers to find your business. Google has the most traffic than any other site on the internet and is the standard site used when people search for new local products and services.
70% of all clicks happen at the first Google search results on the first page. If your listing is at the top of both the local & organic results, the chances are much greater that a potential customer will click on your listing.
Some Local Google Facts
- Google Algorithm Change – As a result of Google algorithm change, results now identify, by default, the location of the searcher running the search and then provide results based on the keywords entered by the searcher including the physical location. These keywords consist of the city plus a combination of the keyword phrase.
- Directory Listings – A business must place its name in local websites and local directories for greater visibility in the local area. Google is very strict on the need for relevance in a business links, and these entries will satisfy that requirement.
- A critical directory for the business to subscribe to is the Google Maps. The application process is very simple, and takes up to 8 weeks to be listed. Once the entry is completed, traffic generation to the business website would be significantly increased.
- Single Local Listing – It is important that the business only have one listing for each local area it serves. Google requires a brick and mortar address. No P.O Boxes are allowed, but you can add different zip codes serviced to expand your area.
- Business Contact Information – The search engines are also looking for contact information of the business that includes address, zip code and phone number. The address you submit to the local directories must match the address you maintain on your website. Real people do verify this.
For additional information on how you can get listed on ALL major search engines and directories so you can stand out from the competition, contact us for our local business consulting packages.