Text message marketing is personal engagement with consumers on their mobile devices. Examine your clientele. How many of them walk in the door with their smart mobile phone in their hand? Since most consumers carry their mobile phones 24/7 and keep the device on all the time, they can respond calls-to-action anytime and anywhere, simply by sending a text message.
What type of customer reacts to mobile marketing?
- -All age groups <65 but still expanding
- -Buyers in your local area
- -Impulse & Luxury Consumers
- The number of mobile devices exceeds 5 billion units.
- US/EU/AU Market penetration is over 100%.
- Nearly everyone has a device they can not leave home without.
- SMS text is fast becoming the preferred communication medium
- According to a mobile advertising report by Nielsen Co., IDC and Limbo, SMS user penetration is two times as high as mobile Internet/ WAP reach in the U.S.
- On average, text messages are read within four minutes of delivery, while the average email is ready within 48 hours, according to the same report.
- In addition, SMS users are active across all demographics: 82 percent of Americans ages 18–24 and 72 percent ages 25–49 send and receive text messages, while 53 percent of those engaging with short codes are 35 and older.
- In 2009, U.S. mobile phone subscribers sent and received on average 390 text messages per month, compared to making 230 voice calls a month, according to Mobile Business Statistics.
- Consumers ages 12–45 send 60 percent more text messages than make voice calls.
- Two-thirds of mobile phone users subscribe to text messaging worldwide, meaning approximately 2.1 billion people are actively text messaging today, according to 2009 statistics.
- There are two times as many active SMS users as active users of email.
- While 65 percent of email is spam, less than 10 percent of SMS is spam.
We create a commercial text messaging program that will promote your business thru discounts, offers, and freebies via text messaging. Contact us today for building a custom permission-based mobile marketing strategy for your business.