What type of customer reacts to mobile marketing?
- -All age groups <65 but still expanding
- -Buyers in your local area
- -Impulse & Luxury Consumers
- The number of mobile devices exceeds 5 billion units.
- US/EU/AU Market penetration is over 100%.
- Nearly everyone has a device they can not leave home without.
- SMS text is fast becoming the preferred communication medium
- According to a mobile advertising report by Nielsen Co., IDC and Limbo, SMS user penetration is two times as high as mobile Internet/ WAP reach in the U.S.
- On average, text messages are read within four minutes of delivery, while the average email is ready within 48 hours, according to the same report.
- In addition, SMS users are active across all demographics: 82 percent of Americans ages 18–24 and 72 percent ages 25–49 send and receive text messages, while 53 percent of those engaging with short codes are 35 and older.
- In 2009, U.S. mobile phone subscribers sent and received on average 390 text messages per month, compared to making 230 voice calls a month, according to Mobile Business Statistics.
- Consumers ages 12–45 send 60 percent more text messages than make voice calls.
- Two-thirds of mobile phone users subscribe to text messaging worldwide, meaning approximately 2.1 billion people are actively text messaging today, according to 2009 statistics.
- There are two times as many active SMS users as active users of email.
- While 65 percent of email is spam, less than 10 percent of SMS is spam.
We create a commercial text messaging program that will promote your business thru discounts, offers, and freebies via text messaging. Contact us today for building a custom permission-based mobile marketing strategy for your business.